Monday, March 29, 2010

Lost in a shaft of sunlight

Welcome to Curious Magpie!

Truth be told, I’ve been thinking of this (my first sentences of my first blog) for quite some time now. I’ve been hesitant about putting the proverbial pen to paper – or, more accurately, fingers to keyboard – for many of the usual reasons. What do I have to say? Will anyone read it? Will my mother think I'm crazy?

Thankfully, dear reader (I’m not vain: I’m pretty sure there will only be one of you at first), the little shaft of sunlight that just fell across my desk has finally spurred me into action. If spring is a time of new beginnings, then why not for me, too? I’ve carved out a little space in cyber-space to share my thoughts, my favourite things (many of which are sparkly and pretty, an obsession I happily share with the aforementioned magpie), and my adventures big and small.

So here begins my little journey…I hope you enjoy the ride.

M.




 
For most of us, there is only the unattended
Moment, the moment in and out of time,
The distraction fit, lost in a shaft of sunlight,
The wild thyme unseen, or the winter lightning
Or the waterfall, or music heard so deeply
That it is not heard at all, but you are the music
While the music lasts. These are only hints and guesses,
Hints followed by guesses; and the rest
Is prayer, observance, discipline, thought and action.

T.S. Eliot, The Dry Salvages (No. 3 of 'Four Quartets')

No comments:

Post a Comment